How to Monitor Your Kid’s Skype
The World Wide Web has become a big part of our life. When it comes to children, we see that most of them spend much of their spare time online.
On one hand, the Internet provides great opportunities of communicating with other people regardless the distance, searching any possible data within seconds, watching movies, sharing personal information etc. On the other one, it implies inherent dangers like online predators and swindlers, inappropriate content containing violence and sexual implication. In addition, what is most important, the Internet is addictive.
From this perspective, your kids’ online activity is what should be considered and controlled comprehensively. Especially, as to web communication.
There is a lot of popular telecommunication software, which provide text, video and voice chat from computers, smartphones and tablets via online connection. However, the most known and widely used is Skype.
By using Skype, you can contact and exchange messages with anyone on the Earth. It is a quick and simple way of communication, which is used both for work and in everyday life. Children mostly use Skype for video and voice calls, which create the effect of real world communication. A child can easily contact his or her friend, who lives miles away and do things like playing table games, sharing secrets and troubles, celebrating events, as if they meet face-to-face.
However, regardless all the advantages Skype provides, it can bring about a danger of contacting ambiguous strangers.
Why Skype May Be Dangerous For Your Kid
- Strangers can contact your kid and seduce him or her. Skype is a popular way online predators use to reach their targets.
- Your kid might receive files, which contain inappropriate content: pictures or videos with violence or sexual content, bad or fighting words.
- A stranger might get into your kid’s confidence and find out important personal information (address, credit cards and phone numbers, when parents leave home or are away).
- Online predators might use video chat for sexhibition or enforce your kid for this.
- Your kid might communicate with people, you would not approve.
- Children may share information, links or files, which are inappropriate for the underage.
- Kids might waste too much time chatting instead of attending to homework or household tasks.
- Your kid might use Skype to contact drug dealers or any other bad company, which is a bad influence on him or her.
Considering all of the above, you, as a parent, should take action and prevent your child. How to avert possible dangers, you may wonder? As it is said, one fire drives out another. If there is software, which constitute a threat, there should be some to prevent it.
The good news is called Pumpic. It is a reliable parental control app to see what your kids are texting via Skype, which at the same time involves other useful tracking features. Simply install the application on your kid’s device and follow all the data sent or received via Skype.
Moreover, Pumpic will also let you track your children’s location, calls, SMS, browsing history and emails, as well as block applications and web sites you consider inappropriate. Pumpic secures happy and safe life both for your kid and you.