How to Resist Online Predators
Online predators are individuals, who target children through the web, cell phones and even offline with different types of sexual advances. In our modern life, there are too many ways to access the Internet, that is why parents should be cautious and understand the real danger, which online predators can cause to their children. In this article, we will talk about the problem and try figure out what you should do to protect yourself and your kids from online predators.
Online predators use different ways to make a contact with children like instant messaging platforms, blogs, social networking, chat rooms, emails etc. Once they make a contact, these individuals use such receptions:
- Sympathize and listen.
- Apply on hobbies and other preferable kids’ activities.
- Seduce with kindness, attention, gifts, affectionate language.
- Offer some candid photos and similar explicit content.
If you want to protect your kids from online predators, you should explain them the danger of talking with such persons. Moreover, you should always monitor web communication of your children and never leave it unsupervised. If you find that your child receives sexually explicit correspondence or materials, contact your local police office and allow them to take appropriate actions.
We want to share with you some rules, which can help you resist online predators and save your children from them:
- The computer with internet connection should be placed in the common area of your house. This will help you monitor all actions of your kids and save them from online predators.
- Ask your younger kids to use family email account. This will help you check and delete all suspicious emails with the inappropriate content.
- Always use family safety settings or, which is even better, parental control services.
- Check downloads list and explain kids that they should use only well-known resources.
Always monitor public settings and follow age limits on social networking services.