Mobile Safety: How to Find Spy Apps On iPhone
There is no surprise that the mobile phone is an integral part of our everyday life. The number of mobile phone owners is gradually growing with 4.6 billion of people in 2016 and predictions of 5.07 billion by 2019.
About a half of all those would be people owning smartphones – devices that overtook desktop Internet usage. In fact, some people really cannot make a step without their smartphone. 75% of Americans admit they bring the phone to the bathroom. What a bonding, right? But with such close relations come significant troubles to take care of.
The opportunity of controlling all your life through one device has its advantages and disadvantages. And the fact that frauds can use it to take over your personal information to use it for their own needs obviously falls into the second category. What are iPhone spying apps and how to protect yourself from them? Keep on reading to stay safe!
Why Would PeopleSpy On Someone’s iPhone?
Well, it is fair to say that people spy on all types of smartphones. And it is equally unpleasant. Why do people do this and how you should treat this fact? The latter depends on you and your life views. Let’s go on with the reasons.
1) They take care. This is the trickiest reason people might come up with. And here is why. It is only legal to “spy” on a person if it is your child under the age of 21, and this is it. Once a child becomes an adult by the law, parents should not try to break the boundaries of their personal space. Also, the app market offers you plenty of legal and effective monitoring programs for overlooking a child online. They are tailored according to the laws and can only be installed on child’s phone by their parents. These apps help parents monitor kids’ activities to ensure they are safe and sound.
Spying apps for iPhone, on the other hand, are illegal. And the fact they are being actively advertised does not mean you should use it. Invading other person’s privacy can never be right, and if you read the fine print of landing pages of spy apps, you will notice the disclaimer saying something like ‘if you are caught using this app, you are on your own’.
2) They track your actions. This one is often used by obsessed current or ex-partners. If your sweetheart is excessively jealous and always worried about you talking or seeing other people, chances are high your phone can have a spy app installed ‘for your own security’. Some people are even being spied by their exes. Those people can either have ‘plans’ of coming back together with their beloved ones, or pretend to be worried about exes wellbeing.
How to Detect a Spy App On iPhone?
There is a number of things you should pay attention to in case a spy app is suspected. They are the following:
- Overall phone behavior. Do you notice any odd things like lighting up when you are not using it, or restarting on its own? Phones tend to behave weirdly sometimes. But if these have become regular, go on and check your phone for any apps you haven’t installed.
- Data usage. If you have a monthly data package, the overuse would be easy to notice. Some spy apps out there are not good with staying discreet and use much more data than it should. If you have unlimited package, try installing data managing apps to check this parameter.
- Jailbreak status. As an iPhone owner you probably know that for any software not supplied through Apple it must be Jailbroken. And if your phone happens to be jailbroken without you knowing, be concerned. Look through the list of all your apps to see if they are listed in Apple store. You see the one not belonging there? Deleting it might be complicated, but there is a simple solution – just upgrade your phone to the latest iOS version. This will remove Jailbreak and any odd apps.
This might seem obvious, but knowledge on how to find spy apps on iPhone might save you some nerves together with money. Be alerted and attentive to any changes in your phone behavior, and you will be safe and secure any time.